Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why do my PC connection doesn't work when I change the network port?

i moved my machine to a new location. but when i try to re-connect to network, it couldn't work. able to get IP address from DHCP and can ping another PC in the workgroup. but can't open any website. the ip address remaining as the same before i moved. is there any possibilities the IP address was locked to my PC? how could i release it from my machine? when i move back to my old place everything seems fine. why only can connect only that port? please help...



thank you =))Why do my PC connection doesn't work when I change the network port?
A couple of things: If the IP address stayed the same after a move, it's probably configured as static IP address, not a dynamic one assigned by DHCP (else it would be a surprising coincidence).



That being said, your problem is most likely that you setup does not find a proper DNS server to resolve domain names and/or does not find the gateway (i.e. router). Double-check in your network settings that you network is indeed configured for DHCP and that it receives DNS information from DHCP as well (DNS can be statically configured while using DHCP).Why do my PC connection doesn't work when I change the network port?
try to get the Ip adress automatically, you can not use the former Ip adress if you are in another network.

No comments:

Post a Comment