Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My vista laptop keeps confusing network profiles, where are these located in Vista so I can change them?

Detail example: My computer is hooked up to my dorm room ethernet connection, though when it connects, it says 'connecting to Dad profile' which is a profile I had set up for my Dad's house...which is a wireless. So it will change my DNS and Default Gateway to those settings but they are not compatible to the ethernet connection, therefor messing up my internet. How can I change my network profiles (order of importance, IP/DNS configurations, etc) so that it will stop choosing this profile for a connection it is not compatible with?? Please help.My vista laptop keeps confusing network profiles, where are these located in Vista so I can change them?
The easiest way is to use NetSetMan. Then just choose the connection you want (you name them) from a tray icon. It's free for personal use (which is what you're doing).
  • pc or mac
  • cs files
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment