Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do I change my DISH Network service to a different room?

I have 1 (the main) receiver in the living room and I get full access to it from a spare bedroom. Meaning, that TV has it's own remote and I can watch whatever I want on it, but I only have the one receiver. Instead of having that service in the spare bedroom, I'd like to have it in the master bedroom. How can I change rooms?How do I change my DISH Network service to a different room?
Here are you options.



Call a local retailer and ask them how much it would cost to move it.



Call DISH Network directly. They will charge you $99 for an ';existing customer install.'; This is the only option a customer service rep has on their system to send a tech to move any equipment.



Do it yourself. On the back of the receiver you have a coax cable coming from the the port under the little blue TV icon with a number 2 on it. Under that port it says channel 21 - 69 out. That cable runs to your TV2 location. Just a cable from that port to wherever you wan the TV2 location. Be careful about distance. You may want to go to the target run and see if the remote changes the TV2. If it does not the room may be to far away.



If you decide to move it, be sure the channel on TV2 matches the channel selected on the ';modulater setup'; screen. You get there by pressing menu 5,1,3 on your remote.

No comments:

Post a Comment