Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I change a network printer gateway address?

I installed a new router (D-Link DIR-825) and after this event my network printers did not work. They cannot be pinged, etc. I believe I know the problem, but I do not know how to fix it. The problem is that the printers are set up on the gateway for the “old” router and not the gateway for the recently installed new router (D-Link DIR-825). I cannot locate any settings in Windows XP Professional to edit the printer gateway. I saw a rather simplistic solution online that suggested the following; “you can log into your printer's interface by opening a browser and typing in its IP address. From there you should be able to see its network settings and be able to make any adjustments”. This did not work as it did not allow me to access the network settings as suggested.How do I change a network printer gateway address?
i don't know about network printers but NORMALLY the router assigns network addresses to anything on the network.

U can configure the router to assign a static address to the printer in the range that it uses or change the range for everything on the net. The address will be 192.168.xxx.yyy.

the xxx depends on the router but can be changed. the yyy is what the router dynamically assigns from 100 up to 254. U can assign a static address below 100.



the printer would query the router for an address then use it. It would probably also broadcast that address so windows knew what it was.



I wouldn't make sense to log onto the printer when the address could be anything unless there is a front panel menu to set it. But that just isn't the way a router works.



Look into ur router and find the printer. The printer manual will tell u what to do and my bet is it tells u to assign a static address if anything.How do I change a network printer gateway address?
Your router is probably setup a new private network that is a different subnet than what your printers are on. Can you print a settings page from one of your printers? You can usually use the panel on the printer to print a settings page and then look for the IP address. I'm betting the printer is like on 192.168.3.100 (for example) and your new dlink network is like 192.168.1.x and your pc is probably 192.168.1.100 (all these are examples). The value that is in the 3rd place (known as octet) defines the network and separates those networks. You would need to change the ip address on the printer to match that network or maybe more easily; you can change your router to match the old network.
  • uk hosting
  • skin care line for pimples
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment