Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How can I change my wireless network security settings?

Currently the settings are unsecured and I want to change to security-enabled.How can I change my wireless network security settings?
get on the web to the mfgr's site and dwnload the booklet on specific instructions. do not use wep, it's broken; use WPA encryption (or better). go to the 'grc.com/security now' website and listen to the wav files that explain all this in an easy to understand chat with steve gibson and leo laporte. there are some 3-4 sessions of MUST hear topics about security.How can I change my wireless network security settings?
Read the instruction booklet. Depends on the router type.



Not too hard to do.
It is different for every brand and model, so you will have to read the instructions for specific details. But you basically connect to your router and enable either WEP (or WAP) password. Enter a password for the router. Then go to each computer and enter the same password (once) on it.
start by entering the address 192.168.2.1 into your favorite web browser and tell me what the manufacturer/model of the router is so i can find your default admin/pass combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment