Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How can I get OS X Mac Firefox to use the system network proxy settings?

I'm new to Firefox. Other Mac browsers (Camino, Safari) use the System network settings to determine whether or not to use a proxy server. Firefox, however, seems to insist that those settings be made within the program.



Is this the case? Or am I missing something? It seems to be just an annoying extra step to have to take every time I move my MacBook from work (proxy) to home (open). Previously, the change of network was all it took.How can I get OS X Mac Firefox to use the system network proxy settings?
?Go under Firefox%26gt;Preferences

?Under Advanced%26gt;Network%26gt;Configure how Firefox connects to the Internet%26gt;Settings...

?Auto-detect proxy settings for this network

No comments:

Post a Comment