Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do I find my network key?/change security to WEP?

I am attempting to get online with my Nintendo DS Lite, and I have found the security area, but it requires a Network Key in order to change the security from WPA to WEP...



I do not know what it is, and I am using a Broadcom router...How do I find my network key?/change security to WEP?
Connect your computer to one of the ports at the back of your router with a DSL cable.

#

Step 2



Open a web browser and type ';http://192.168.1.1/'; in the address bar. This will bring up your administration page for your router.

#

Step 3



Log in by leaving the username blank and use ';Admin'; for the password. These are the username and password you use if you haven't already set something up previously.

#

Step 4



Click on the ';Wireless'; tab at the top of the screen, and then on the ';Wireless Security'; tab.

#

Step 5



Look for the WEP key listed. There might be a few of them, usually three. Use the first one listed. It will be a combination of numbers and letters.How do I find my network key?/change security to WEP?
Sign into your router, then change the settings in there. I am not sure how to sign into that brand router but you can probably google it. Its usually just an ip address you type in.
  • textbox
  • web design company
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment