Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change the network ID on my wireless network?

Does anyone know how to change the network ID on a wireless network? AT%26amp;T set our network ID to some random numbers, and I wanted to change it to something else :) Any ideas? Thanks!!How do I change the network ID on my wireless network?
Check the routers documents for the routers ip address, the manufacturers website or go here: http://www.best-wireless-router.com/wire



Example:

Linksys router: Enter the routers ip address, example 192.168.1.1, into the address bar of your browser. Log into the router, select the wireless tab, select the wireless network name (SSID), enter the name you want to use. save changes. Make any additional changes you want (see below). Verify everything works the way you want, close browser.



You may want to enable encryption, if you do, write the number down, you will need it to connect.

I turn on the ssid just long enough to connect, then once I am connected, I turn if off. You stay connected, but no one else can ';see'; it. Adds a level of security

No comments:

Post a Comment