Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change what network a Facebook group is in?

I have a group on Facebook under the Australia network but want to change it to Global. I can't find anything to do this!



Please help!





Ty.How do I change what network a Facebook group is in?
You can't do it. You'll need to start another group.



I've done this before. Here's what I did:

1) Started another group.

2) Changed the profile picture on the first group to say ';This is the old group - quit and join the new one!';

3) Put explanations of the above in the old and new groups.

4) Sent a message to everyone in the first group asking them to quit that group and join the second group.

5) Once everyone quit the first group, I could delete it. So I had to send messages to the last few stragglers.



It was worth the time. Within a day, we had more people in the new group than we'd had within the old group in three months!



Good luck!!How do I change what network a Facebook group is in?
quick comment:

on step 4) you don't need to wait for everyone to leave the group.

Just go to %26lt;Edit Members%26gt; and delete their membership directly.

Report Abuse


Sorry you cannot do that. I emailed them once, asking them, but they said you can't change the network of a group.



You could email facebook, begging them to change it for you, but i strongly doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment