Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Change network location in windows 7.?

I'm trying to share files in Windows 7. When i first connected to my home wireless network on my laptop, it gave me a screen with options to choose either home network, work network or public. i selected ';Public'; just to get rid of the darn screen.



Now, i'm trying to share some files with other pc's at home within the same network. How do i change from ';public'; to ';home';.



This is what i've tried:

Manage wireless networks, selecting and deleting my wireless network. Then connecting to it again. But this time it doesn't give me the screen with those option.



I've also tried going into homegroup settings but i don't know how to change to home instead of public.





This is what i haven't tried:

changing my password on my home network wireless connection and connecting to it again and see if it shows up with that message again.Change network location in windows 7.?
Go to Network and Internet %26gt; Network and Sharing Center. Under the heading ';View your active networks'; you will see your network in a Blue Link under the word NETWORK. Just click that Blue Link and then choose the type you want.
  • web development
  • pets
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment