Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Help: How to change network Access Key and Disable BSNL Modem Wi - Fi facility ?

Hi , I m using BSNL broadband connection. I have rented BSNL's Modem (Type 2) which has WiFi facility. But i use the internet through my Desktop PC and i do not use My laptop for internet usage. So i wanted to know how do i disable the WiFi facility for the modem (that is, I want to disable the SSID signal from being broadcasted). I do not want anybody to detect the Wifi signal.



Also how do i change my network Access key for the Modem. I want to make it more stronger so that if at all i m using my laptop ican use the Wifi facility.



Can anybody please help me.



Thanks.Help: How to change network Access Key and Disable BSNL Modem Wi - Fi facility ?
I would suggest that you keep using your Wifi. Its very useful to be without wires.



for security follow these steps -%26gt;



1 . Change your current SSDI to a new name.

2 . Disable Network SSID braodcast

3 . Use WPA2 encryption to secure your network .



With these steps you can rest assured fr at least 99% security.

Help: How to change network Access Key and Disable BSNL Modem Wi - Fi facility ?
Use open but WEP setting on ur Wifi enabled router of BSNL.

No comments:

Post a Comment