Saturday, November 20, 2010

How can I change my network into a secured one?

I have a linksys wireless router and its network is currently unsecured. I'd like to change that, so how would I go about doing it?



Thanks for your help(:How can I change my network into a secured one?
First go to your default gateway (you can check this by right clicking the Network Connection icon in your task bar and then left clicking on status. Then click on the support tab and check the default gateway. Next enter that ip address into the internet explorer address bar. A new window will pop-up to the screen asking for user name and password. In router's setup page, ';user name'; is always blank. If you have set the password, type the password. The default password for the Linksys setup page is ';admin';).



Then follow the directions found at this link to set up security parameters for your router: http://www.setuplinksys.com/3298898.



I hope this helps. Good luck. :)How can I change my network into a secured one?
You can find some instructions for Linksys routers here: http://www.pctipguys.com/index.php?optio



Note that the instructions may vary somewhat from model to model.



Recommended settings for a wireless router:

?WPA or WPA2 security with a pre-shared key (PSK).

?Use a randomly-generated 504-bit key for maximum security. You can generate a key here:



http://www.yellowpipe.com/yis/tools/WPA_
I am using wireless router but I don;t feel any insecurity.

No comments:

Post a Comment