Monday, June 6, 2011

My macbook pro wont stay connected to my internet's wireless signal, how do I lock it to my signal?

When I connect to the internet it will work fine for a while but then it will randomly switch to other wireless networks signals without asking me first (in preferences I have the box checked that says ';ask me before changing networks';). How do I make it stay on my desired wireless network?My macbook pro wont stay connected to my internet's wireless signal, how do I lock it to my signal?
Go into the network panel, and select advanced options.



There you can specifiy which networks that it is allowed to connect to. Just remove everything but yours, and it should no longer connect to them when you don't want it too.



If you occasionally do use any of the networks, just put your home network at the top of the list in regards to priority, and it should always connect to it if it is in range.
  • talk in front of class
  • anyone else had any luck
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment