Monday, June 6, 2011

I want to change mobile networks but my sim wont let me help!?

I want to change networks from orange to asda cos its so much cheaper for me. I have a asda sim card. But when i put it in my phone it asks me for a restriction code which i dont know. I have tried 12345 but that doesnt work. Anyone know how to get a code for free? Will this sim work in other phones if i want to change phone or will it then not work all over again?I want to change mobile networks but my sim wont let me help!?
Right what has most likely happend is that orange have locked the phone to stop it being used on any other networks. You will have to unlock the phone to be able to use the asda mobile sim. A local mobile phone shop (not carphone warehouse phones4u or any of the networks shops) will be able to unlock it for a fee, or you can do a google search for free unlock codes for nokie 3220. If you cnahge phones the sim will work, as long as the phone is an asda mobile phone or unlocked.I want to change mobile networks but my sim wont let me help!?
If you got the phone from Orange then it's is locked to that network and can only be used with Orange.

You will need to get the phone unlocked, googling ';phone unlocks (your area)'; will likely turn something up.

However if you want a new phone then get one on Asda or a SIM Free from Phones 4 U or the Carphone Warehouse.



But you do know Asda is terrible compared to Orange in almost every way, the extra money you pay on Orange is worth it.
Unlocking will cost around 拢10, loads in the Manchester area. After the phone is unlocked it will work on any network
If you're looking to pay, than most phone shops will unlock phones quite cheaply to other networks.



There are sites that do it for free, but I don't know if they're reliable.



Or you can visit http://www.mrunlock.com/ to see how much your phone model is to unlock.



The cheapest it lists yours as is 拢2.95, and they recommend that unlocking.



Hope this helps!
The only provider who doesn't lock your hand set is O2. All the others lock them to stop you being able to use other networks! You can get them unlocked but it'll prob cost you about 20 pounds.
Bring it to the dealership and let them try to do it sometimes you can do it yourself and sometimes you can't.
you have to get the phone unlocked for it to use another sim card
  • popular boy names
  • good fantasy name
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment