Monday, June 6, 2011

How do I change my wireless network password?

Hi some people figured out my wireless network password in my house abd I want to change it. I have a Netgear router and Windows Vista Ultimate so where do I go on my computer to change the access password? Thanks.How do I change my wireless network password?
Log into your router. Set up the password there.



XP

1) Goto Start/Run

2) Type in ';cmd';



Vista

1) Click the Start button

2) Type in ';command';



Once you are in the command prompt:

1)Type in ';ipconfig';

2) In your Internet browser type in ';http://'; followed by your default gateway (found in the command prompt)

***Example: http://192.168.1.1 (try clicking the link)

3) Login (search online for login info) Usually admin, password

3) There should be a link on the side somewhere. It should have several options like WEP, WPA etc.



Another method of security is implementing MAC addressing or dynamically assigned IP addresses.



Regards,



DaneHow do I change my wireless network password?
You have to access your router's configuration console to do that. I don't know what is Netgear's way to do it, so i guess you have to read the manuals. Probably through a web browser....

No comments:

Post a Comment