Monday, June 6, 2011

I just bought an Apple Airport Express, how can I extend my network using my current Linksys?

I'm trying to extend my network of my Linksys so I can use my Airport Express to hook up my speakers and my printer.



Also, I have a PC and a Mac that I am trying to connect (I don't know if that may cause a problem). My internet works fine on both computers, and I can access the Airport through my Mac and play remotely through iTunes, though I have to change networks from my Linksys to the Airport to do so. So I can't be surfing the web and jamming out with my Airport Express at the same time.



Also I am having a problem loading the Airport Express software from Apple on my Mac. I have Leopard, and it is saying it ';The version of Mac OS X on this volume is not supported';. --- So, I can't logon and extend the server.



Any suggestions??I just bought an Apple Airport Express, how can I extend my network using my current Linksys?
1) The Airport Express can only extend other airport express or basestation products, it will not work with your linsys.

2) Again, the PC will not connect to the Airport express if it is not using a airport adapter. I am guessing your Mac has a built in airport adapter right?

3) If Leopard is not supported then it wont work. Goto the apple web site and search for a software or firmware upgrade that will work with Leopard.
  • web server software
  • girl tell you she likes you
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment