Monday, June 6, 2011

How do I priotize my xbox over my desktop in my network?

I want to change my network to prioritize my xbox over my desktop. I have a netgear router and a iMac desktop. I would describe myself as having an intermediate knowledge of networking.How do I priotize my xbox over my desktop in my network?
i would try to enable DMZ routing on the x-box. you can do this by going to the router configuration page 192.168.???.??? what ever your is. you should see an option for DMZ routing. find the IP address for your x-box and put it here and click enable. this will allow you x-box to go Straight to x-box live with out messing around with the routers firewall thus giving you higher speed to there network. i have done this for my PS3 and have notice a big difference in playing speed on the net. i hope this helps.How do I priotize my xbox over my desktop in my network?
Try entering putting 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in your direction bar. If ti ask you for a username and password just put ';admin'; as username and ';password'; as your password. Maybe there you can see some options that might help you.



Take Care!

No comments:

Post a Comment