Monday, June 6, 2011

Cant access network settings in the web browser?

I'm in a networking class, but ironically i cannot seem to access my router settings.



I know how to access the router settings - type in 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.0 ect. - ive done it many times in class and at my home, however, i recently changed network settings to try and troubleshoot my xbox and now i cant access the netgear setup page on the web browser...



My ';Default Gateway'; looks wierd - 76.114.46.1

DHCP Server - 68.87.76.10



ive never seen an address like that...anyways please tell me how to access the netgear settings...ive tried everything...and if it is the ';default Gateway'; please tell me how to fix it



Thanks

DeanCant access network settings in the web browser?
You don't have a router.



Your computer is connected directly to your comcast modem.



You'll have to buy a router and connect it between your comcast modem and your computer.Cant access network settings in the web browser?
I would have to do with Annorax said. The addresses you got look like they are from your ISP. By chance did you need to bridge the modem so it worked with a router? If you do have a router, your can factory reset it by holding the reset button for 10 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment