Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Why can't my change my wireless network name?

I've been searching all around how to change my Wireless network default name. I finally found out, but I when I open 192.168.1.1, it does not appear what they it should appeared. I've been clicking on everything on that site, but I can't find the ';SSID'; line. Please help me if you have any idea how I can change my network name!

Thank you !Why can't my change my wireless network name?
I'd say you have a Linksys router. If that's the case, then when you go to the address http://192.168.1.1 and login to the router interface go to the wireless tab, there should be a ';Wireless Network Name (SSID)'; field. Change it here.Why can't my change my wireless network name?
it would really help to know what kind of router you are using since most routers have different menus for configuration.

my linksys wrt54g, however, i type in 192.168.1.1 and it gives me a log in. i just log in and on the first screen it gives the option to change the name.click on the wireless tab and I can change the name



also look for some software that came with your router. some of those programs help you easily do that name changing.
if you have Norton. disable the fire wall for 15 min'sand try it again

No comments:

Post a Comment