Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Help! iPhone and Network planning help! Please!!!?

Okay so I heard that you can buy any phone from any network for the full price and then take it to a network of your choice and they will upload your info to the phone no questions asked. I have the sidekick 3 now and I hate the network and though I have another year on the phone it is breaking ( I don't have warranty) and I want a new one. What I was going to do was not cancel the contract and have to pay a cancellation fee, but bring down all the minutes to nothing and cancel internet, and basically everything else. This way I can pay the phone out and not really pay for it... So my questions are:



1.) I was going to get the iPhone but I want verizon. How is AT%26amp;T?



2.) Should I just go to AT%26amp;T or buy the iPhone and take it over to Verizon and open a contract that way?



3.) If I buy the iPhone, when I open a contract (Say I am going to Verizon) Do I get their phone that they give you when you open a new contract or do I imediately say that I got the iPhone as a birthday gift and have them open the contract that way.



4.) Can they transfer Sidekick 3 stuff to an iPhone?



5.) Also, can I keep my number from the T-mobile one (the sidekickOr do I have to get a new number when I change networks?





Thanks so much!

Help! iPhone and Network planning help! Please!!!?
1. lowest AT%26amp;T individual plan for iPhone 3G is $69.99



2. you have to sign up a 2 year contract with AT%26amp;T if you are going to buy their iPhone. if you want to buy an iPhone without contract, buy one on eBay.



3. iPhone is not compatible with Verizon since iPhone is on GSM network while Verizon is on CDMA network



4. they cannot transfer your Sidekick 3 stuff to iPhone. you have to do it by yourself.



5. you can keep your T-Mobile number but you have to inform the other carrier about it when you sign up with them.Help! iPhone and Network planning help! Please!!!?
You should look out for any changes in tmobile, because in their contract(im pretty sure) it states that if they change their prices and it effects you in a negative way, that you can cancel your contract without ETF.





If you chose to cancel your contract with tmobile then you could port your number(move it to the iphone) but if you're not going to cancel then it wont work.



You should probably check the cancellation fee for tmobile; i heard they were the most flexible, and that they were the first to make a plan with no ETF. Also they might have a prorated ETF which means it will be less than normal since you finished one year of your contract.



  • Hedda Ikea bed set
  • tech help and advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment