Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Changing network password?

I posted a question earlier about my lost wireless network password. It's a d-link wireless. I was wondering whether I could log on to the system i typed 192.168.0.1 into my internet browser. Then I went somewhere (don't ask how) and I got to wireless settings. The WEP (is that the same thing) comes up as a bunch of dots. Would it be possible for me to simply change what's there. As in type in a random word to be my password? I don't want to reset it and have in unsecured because I don't have my manual to reset my network. What should I do?



I sincerely appreciate all the help, I'm no tech wiz, im taking this slowly but my new notebook is waiting to be added to my network! =(Changing network password?
Okay, I am assuming that this is what you said.

You went to 192.168.0.1, which probably is a D-Link router. When you went to the wireless security, you should see the key in plain text. Now when you go to the settings in your laptop, the key is not shown. So copy the key from the router and paste/type it into the WEP setting for your laptop.

That should fix it.
  • common greek name
  • memory card for digital camera need replacement
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment