Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do i change my network card speed?

my computer guy cut my network card speed in half and i want to put it back fullHow do i change my network card speed?
Keep in mind that the speed and duplex could have been changed at the other end (on the switch) in which case you would not be able to change your settings.



That said, to change your NIC card settings....

START--%26gt; right-click My Network Places and click Properties

right-click on the device and click properties



Click on the CONFIGURE button

Select the ADVANCED tab and the settings you can alter are listed on the left.How do i change my network card speed?
go to device manager then properties for your network card then advanced tab
It IS possiblt he had to reset the card properties from FULL Duplex to Half Duplex (can only transmit OR receive, not both at same time)



Why not ASK him what he did and how to set it back though.
I doubt if he cut your speed in half. You are either going to connect at 100mbps or 10mbps. What do you consider half? Bring up the ';Local Area Connection Status'; box and see what your connection is.

No comments:

Post a Comment